As pc/nametag's in-house Word Wizard, Meaghan creates educational content that brings people together and drives meaningful conversations in the events industry.
Event planners spend a lot of time preparing for the meetings they host and designing the event registration experience is no exception. However, we know that it’s easy to overlook the small things on the actual day of your event.
That’s why this week, we created a list of must-have items to add to your event registration checklist. Not only will your check-in desk look great, but you’ll also avoid those pesky last-minute emergency trips to the store for event essentials. Here’s to staying cool, calm, and collected at your next conference or seminar!
Conference Supplies Checklist for Event Planners
1. Conference Name Badges
We like to say that the most memorable connections begin with a “visual handshake.” Conference badges, name tags, and neck wallets are all examples of items you can use to help attendees create a great first impression and make connections that will last long after your event is over. There’s an event badge option for every budget, from budget-friendly adhesive name tags to premium full-color event badges.
Our Badge Recommendations:
- Eco Event Badge - A durable, yet biodegradable badge.
- Premier Event Badge - A 30-mil top seller, perfect for multi-day events.
- Standard Event Badge - An affordable, 20-mil option in a variety of finishes and sizes
- Eco Neck Wallet - An event badge alternative that's sustainable and keeps hands free.
Looking for more options? Read "Find Your Fit: A Guide to Choosing the Perfect Badge"
2. Conference Lanyards
No event badge is complete without a stylish lanyard paired with it! Lanyards are a must-have item at trade shows and conferences since they hold badges and IDs in place without causing damage to clothing.
Did you know that lanyards can be a budget-conscious, highly visible event marketing tool? Try adding your logo, sponsor branding, attendee designations, or even event messaging to your lanyard. You can also make an eco-conscious choice by selecting a lanyard made from organic cotton or recycled materials.
Our Lanyard Recommendations:
- Bevl™ Vivid Lanyard - A premium lanyard with vivid, full-color imprinting.
- Eco Pillar™ Bamboo Lanyard - A fully compostable lanyard option.
- Eco Pillar™ Vivid Lanyard - An upcycled and biodegradable lanyard.
- Fast Cotton Lanyard - A customer favorite with a tubular cotton design.
- Budget Lanyard - A low-cost lanyard with many attachment choices.
3. Custom Badge Ribbons
Meeting planners, event attendees, exhibitors — everybody loves conference ribbons! Badge ribbons are all about breaking the ice, starting conversations, adding identifiers, and sharing useful information with other people. Plus, we think they are a lot of fun to wear! There’s no limit to how many badge ribbons you can stack.
Kick off your convention with fun and excitement right from the start. We suggest providing a variety of badge ribbons for people to choose from. For instance, provide both identifying ribbons (I.e., “Sponsor,” “Attendee,” “Exhibitor,” etc.) as well as for-fun ribbons for attendees to choose from.
Our Badge Ribbon Pack Recommendations:
- Celebrating Diversity Ribbon Pack - Visually share your organization’s commitment to DE&I.
- "Be" Ribbon Pack - Bring energy to your next event with these motivational titles.
- Pet Funatics Ribbon Pack - Feature playful titles that celebrate our love for our pets.
- Pronoun Ribbon Pack - Let them visually communicate which pronoun they identify with.
Looking for something different? See our full list of badge ribbon packs here.
4. Name Tag Organizers, Lanyard Displays and Ribbon Walls
Meeting planners know the importance of staying organized. Between juggling vendors and managing attendee needs, they have a non-stop schedule that can easily get out of hand without the right organization tools. That’s why every registration desk needs multiple organizers to make your job just a bit easier!
First, invest in a name tag storage case and name badge organizer for a handy way to alphabetize badges and display them in a professional manner. Pair this with a lanyard stand to prevent lanyards from getting tangled. And lastly, use a badge ribbon caddy or badge ribbon wall to make it easier for attendees to select their ribbons.
Our Event Organizer Recommendations:
- Badge Organizers: Make it easy to locate an attendee's badge within seconds.
- Ribbon Organizers: Keep badge ribbons organized and easy to find.
- Lanyard Stands: Prevent lanyards from getting tangled while expediting check-in.
5. Event Registration Envelopes
Want to cut down on queue times and overcrowding in your registration area? Event registration envelopes are one of the easiest ways to expedite the process and get people in the door faster. You will also make sure attendees have everything they need to kick off their day and enjoy your meeting to the fullest.
Registration packet ideas are endless. Your event registration envelope can include items such as badges, lanyards, agendas, sponsored materials, notepads, pens, or anything else you can dream of. Add a touch of personalization with a small surprise, like a wearable pin or sticker. You can create an awesome custom event registration packet, no matter your budget.
Our Event Registration Packet Recommendations:
- Eco-friendly Registration EnvelopesImprove check-in while protecting the environment
- Custom Event Registration Packets: Simplify registration with a hand-assembled option.
6. Event registration signs and banners
Any registration area can quickly turn crowded and chaotic, especially when attendees show up at the venue and are unaware of where to go to get checked in. This, in turn, can create a bottleneck, which can then lead to slower registration lines and unhappy event-goers.
Help attendees find the conference registration information they need by using custom event signage with event registration signs to direct them to where they need to go. A snap frame stand or custom retractable banner can help guide conference attendees to the correct location from the moment they walk through the door.
Our Conference Signage Recommendations:
- Event Banners: Showcase important information attendees need to know.
- Event Signage: Direct attendees to where they need to go and highlight key details.
7. Fabric table covers
Want to take your registration desk from “good” to “great” within minutes? Get a well-designed, high-quality table cover. Table covers ensure that your registration desk looks presentable and professional, regardless of the condition that your table is in. (Yes, you can even make folding tables look great!)
Depending on the size of your event, some planners opt for a simple, one-color imprint table cover. Larger conferences and expos may prefer several full-color imprinted table covers. No matter which style you choose, try color-coordinating your table covers to your organization's logo, color scheme, or event theme.
8. On-site badge printer and name tag stock
Name badges are a big deal at events, and planners want to make sure they’re done right. However, last-minute changes are bound to happen. By having a printer and supplies on-site, you can rest assured that re-printing badges will be a piece of cake.
Remember to have a printer for on-site badge printing. This way, you can accommodate unexpected walk-ins and correct any spelling errors on badges. Invest in a name tag printer and custom on-site event badges to make sure nobody feels left out. We also like thermal name tag printers because they do not require ink!
Our Badge Printer Recommendations:
- Name Tag Printers: Explore different options at various price points.
- Name Tag Printer Paper: Get the exact size and style badge stock you need.
- Thermal Name Tag Printers: Say goodbye to ink! These are great options for on-site printing.
- RFID Fanfold Direct Thermal Paper: Print badges fast before your event or on site.
9. Office Supplies
If there’s one thing every planner needs, it’s an all-inclusive “tackle box” filled with office supply essentials to take to every event. While your venue likely has these items on hand, it’s best to save yourself the time and frustration of tracking them down when your registration desk starts to get busy.
Our Office Supply Box Recommendations:
10. Branded Promotional Gifts and Giveaways
A promotional giveaway table is a tried-and-true way to give people a fun (and functional) keepsake to take home from your event. You can even give attendees the opportunity to assemble their own gift bags or boxes! Don’t forget to include sponsor literature with promotional items to help expand your brand’s reach and provide education to potential customers.
Our Event Giveaway Recommendations:
- Drinkware: Find sports bottles, mugs, insulated cups, and more.
- Branded Event Bags: Add your branding to convention totes, eco-friendly bags, and more.
- Writing and Stationary: Make it easy to jot down notes and key takeaways.
- Technology Gifts: Add branded earbuds, power banks, and more to their gift bag.
- Apparel and Accessories: Make custom stickers, buttons, wristbands, and shirts.
Easy Conference Registration Ideas
A fun registration process can easily set the stage for an amazing event. If you’re interested in learning more ways to impress attendees the moment they enter your venue, read the following articles to make the process as smooth and enjoyable as possible.
- Make Event Registration Fun: Use These Ideas to Nail the Process
- Speed up the Event Registration Process with these Creative Strategies
- Badge Ribbon Ideas: 7 Smart Strategies to Steal for Your Meeting
Registration Desk Checklist: Download Your Free Copy
A lot can happen when you’re on-site at your event. Despite creating detailed plans and intricate timelines, mistakes are still bound to happen. Items can get lost or accidentally forgotten, and you may not have time to run to the corner store for event supplies.
Luckily, having an event registration table checklist can help you remember those last-minute items that could come in handy when you’re in a pinch.
Download your free registration desk checklist to help jog your memory on those obvious (and maybe not-so-obvious) essentials every planner needs to ensure their meeting goes off without a hitch.